Sports and Exercise Injury
I specialise in treating problems in sporty or active people. Sports Medicine knowledge has expanded hugely over the last few years and the conditions I have seen will be managed with an expert understanding of the physical and psychological demands of sport.
As most sports and exercise related injuries do not require surgery, I will use my specialist clinical skills to diagnose the problem and refer on for further investigations or treatment as required.
Who should use this service?
Whether your aim is to return to elite sport, recreational sport, or simple regular physical activity, such as walking, I will ensure that you receive the best, up to date treatment.
Frequent conditions seen are:
- Shoulder Pain in physically active people e.g. throwing
- Knee pain related to physical activity (e.g. Knee ligament sprains / Patellofemoral pain / Patella tendon pain)
- Hip and groin pain
- Muscle injuries
- Activity related Tendons Problems (e.g. Achilles, knee, wrists)
- Ankle ligament sprains
- Ankle pain in physically active people
- Exertional lower leg pain (‘shin splints’)
- Sport related Back pain
- Bone Stress injuries
- Recurrent athletic injuries
- Work related back/wrist pain
Book your treatment for your Sports Injury today!